500 Center Street (known as Aliso Street Sector C Block K), Removal Action Workplan
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- 500 Center Street (known as Aliso Street Sector C Block K), Removal Action Workplan
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project activities consist of the removal of contaminated soil from two small, discrete locations at the Aliso Street Sector C Block K. The areas of excavation are 40' by 10' to a depth of 10', and 20' by 15' to a depth of 5'. The total volume of soil to be removed in the two discrete areas is approximately 204 yd^3, or 306 tons. This estimated volume does not include the necessary sloping around the excavation if shoring is not utilized. The Site is a portion of Aliso Street, which was formerly the location of a Manufacture Gas Plant (MGP) facility.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
1011 North Grandview Avenue
Glendale, CA 91201
Phone : (818) 551-2820
- Los Angeles Los Angeles, City of
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- General Rule, Section 15061
- Reasons for Exemption
- The soil removal activities at Sector C Block K will not result in a significant effect on the environment. The proposed project is relatively a small-size project, in that it calls for the removal of 306 tons of soil and is scheduled to take only 3 weeks. This project is not located in a biologically, geologically, or archaeologically sensitive habitat. This project is not located in a scenic highway. The Site is completely fenced with a motorized gate entry on Ducommun Street.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.