Kelsey Creek Accessible Trail and Fishing Pier
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Kelsey Creek Accessible Trail and Fishing Pier
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Work to increase accessibility of park facilities to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards. Work includes: - Construction of a boardwalk, maximum approximately 1,350 linear feet, over portions of the existing trail that parallels Old Kelsey Creek and extends to the mouth of the creek at Clear Lake and the loop trail near the campfire center. The existing trail is often inundated by high lake levels preventing access and causing visitors to impact other areas of vegetation trying to avoid wet areas. - Conduct hardening and leveling of the other portions of the above trails and on the existing trail from the footbridge over Old Kelsey Creek to the Swim Beach, using aggregate and native soil. - Remove approximately 600 square feet of deteriorated asphaltic concrete trail and replace with compacted aggregate surface of the same square footage. - Construct a new fishing pier on the south side of Old Kelsey Creek, west of the footbridge, approximately 100 square feet in size and cantilevered over the creek. - An existing volunteer (unauthorized) trail that occurs in wetland will be removed by decompacting and revegetation using native wetland plant species. Additionally, signs will be placed in appropriate locations near wetland directing visitors to stay on boardwalk and not stray into sensitive habitat.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 445-8827
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sections 15301, 15303, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of the minor alteration of existing structures and features involving negligible expansion beyond current use and is included as "modification of existing facilities for handicap access" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR § 15300.4; construction and location of a limited number of new, small facilities (fishing pier) and is included as "installation of park facilities" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR § 15300.4; and minor alterations in the condition of land, water, and/or vegetation that do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.