Lake City / Humbug Fuelbreak - Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Lake City / Humbug Fuelbreak - Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Construct a shaded fuelbreak along the North Bloomfield/Graniteville Road between the old historic site of Lake City and the town of North Bloomfield at Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park to establish a defensible fuelbreak. The fuelbreak will extend 300 feet north and 300 feet south of the North Bloomfield/Graniteville Road with a linear distance of approximately 3.0 miles, will encompass approximately 160 acres, and will remove approximately 90% of the undergrowth including brush and small diameter trees - (less than 10 inches diameter at breast height). Hand and mechanized labor will be used to remove undesirable brush species; small diameter overstocked and/or suppressed conifers. No commercial timber will be harvested. Material removed using hand labor with chain saws will be disposed of by chipping. Mechanized treatment of brush will result in mastication of the brush, which will be left on site to provide an effective ground cover. Minor ground disturbance will occur; however, all cultural resources, historic and prehistoric will be protected during the project. Project protects natural and cultural resources and public safety.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (530) 525-3342
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sections 15301, 5304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of maintenance or minor alteration of existing topographical features involving no expansion of use beyond current levels; and the minor alteration in the condition in the land that does not involve the removal of healthy, mature scenic trees and is included as "resource management projects" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR § 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.