Hearst Castle Visitor Center Concession Remodel Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Hearst Castle Visitor Center Concession Remodel Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Remodel the existing Visitor Center Complex (VC) at Hearst San Simeon State Historic Monument containing food/beverage facilities, sales areas, ticket information and sales, indoor/outdoor patio areas, tour bus facilities, administrative offices, warehouse storage, loading dock, and public parking areas. Remodel will consist of (1) redesigning the existing VC entrance facade, (2) expanding the existing VC museum shop and incorporating an indoor/outdoor garden/patio shop, (3) expanding an existing outdoor rear patio, (4) enclosing an existing uncovered loading dock area, and (5) construction of a 400 sf enclosure along a portion of the existing covered breezeway between the Visitor Center and the Exhibit Hall. This is a revision to and replaces NOE submitted 5/2/04, State Clearinghouse #2004058334. Project supports visitor services.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (805) 927-2185
- San Luis Obispo
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of remodeling existing facilities that involves negligible or no expansion of use beyond current levels and includes interior/exterior alterations and additions that will not exceed 10,000 sf. The project is located in an area where all public services and facilities are available consistent with the General Plan, and is not located in an environmentally sensitive habitat area.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.