Miwok Bark House, Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Miwok Bark House, Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Construct a replica of a Miwok Bark House at Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park for interpretive purposes. The conical structure will consist of a framework of 15' pine poles covered with 10'-12' long slabs of cedar bark that are 6-8 inches thick. The structure will be about 10.5' in diameter at the base. The structure will have an opening of approximately 4' high and 3' wide. The poles and cedar bark slabs will be buried at the base in a trench 4-6 inches deep and the poles and bark slabs will be wired together at the top. Construction will require excavating a trench 4-6 inches deep around the perimeter of the bark house to anchor the structure. This excavation will be monitored by a DPR-qualified archaeologist.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 988-0205
- El Dorado
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15303
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of the construction of a small interpretive exhibit and is included as "construction or installation of park facilities" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR § 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.