Long Canyon Hillclimb Restoration - Hollister Hills State Vehicular Recreation Area (SVRA)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Long Canyon Hillclimb Restoration - Hollister Hills State Vehicular Recreation Area (SVRA)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The objective of this project is to remove the existing Long Canyon hillclimb motorcycle trail (1,600 feet) and restore the area to natural conditions. The trail is located within the Lower Ranch of Hollister Hills SVRA. Because of the soil type (decomposed granite) and steepness of the trail, persistent soil loss has occurred, maintenance is no longer practical and the trail is currently un-useable by riders. It is the intent of this project to remove and rehabilitate the trail and return it to a more natural configuration, and to restore the site to become again part of the surrounding chaparral plant community. The project will be implement in March, 2007.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (831) 637-8186
- San Benito
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15333
- Reasons for Exemption
- Proposed project will nt have a detrimental effect on the environment, archaeological site, or wildlife species/habitat. This project is necessary to reduce erosion and sediment loss. The restoration project is less than five acres.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.