Las Llajas Creek Channel Daylighting and Restoration
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority
- Document Title
- Las Llajas Creek Channel Daylighting and Restoration
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The channel and pipe through Ventura County Flood Control District (VCFCD) parcels at the intersection of Texas Avenue and Alamo Street would be daylighted and any concrete lining would be removed and replaced with riprap. Portions of the VCFCD parcels would be inundated with water and planted with native vegetation. The concrete channel in between Alamo Street and the 118 Freeway will be regraded and buried riprap would be installed in a creek configuration with more meanders. This would allow for increased infiltration of storm water. Several large private parcels on either side of the 118 Freeway would also be acquired. Small wetlands, in the form of meanders, would be created. This project seeks to create approximately two acres of prime riparian woodland habitat.
- Contact Information
Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority
5810 Ramirez Canyon Road
Malibu, CA 90265
Phone : (310) 589-3230 x128
- Simi Valley
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15301, 02, 04, 07, 08,
- Reasons for Exemption
- 15316 Operation, repair, maintenance, or minor alteration of existing public facilities or topographical features; replacement or reconstruction of existing structures or facilities on the same site; minor alterations in the condition of land and vegetation which does not involve removal of healthy, mature scenic trees; certain actions taken by regulatory agencies to maintain, restore, or enhance a natural resource or the environment; and acquisition of land to establish a park are exempt.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.