Pampas Grass Treatment at Lake Natoma, Folsom Lake State Recreation Area
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Pampas Grass Treatment at Lake Natoma, Folsom Lake State Recreation Area
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project will treat approximately 300 pampas grass plants along the shoreline of Lake Natoma at Folsom Lake State Recreation Area with a state and federally approved herbicide (2% Roundup). A pest control recommendation has been obtained from a licensed Pest Control Advisor. The project will also treat pampas grass at one upland location adjacent to the paved bike path between Lake Natoma and the Gold Fields District Headquarters. The purpose of the projects is to control the spread of this invasive exotic plant within the park unit. A handheld backpack sprayer with a low pressure nozzle will be used to apply the herbicide to the foliage of the plants. The treated plants will be left to decompose in place. The following measures will be employed to prevent drift of the herbicide: - Herbicide will not be applied in winds greater than 10 mph. - A drift retardant will be used in the herbicide mix and shielding techniques will be employed to prevent drift. - Herbicide mixing and tanks refills will be completed at least 100 feet from water. The project will take place in Valley Elderberry Longhorn Beetle (VELB) habitat. The following measures will be employed to achieve "no effect" on the beetle or its habitat: - The work will take place in the fall to minimize potential impact to beetle and habitat. - Workers will be trained in elderberry plant identification and impact avoidance. - All pampas plants within 25 feet of an elderberry shrub will be flagged. - DPR ecologist will monitor all treatments within 25 feet of any elderberry shrub. - Shielding techniques, low pressure nozzle, drift retardants and no spraying in winds greater than 10 mph will be employed.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 988-0205
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of the minor alterations to land and is included as "resource management projects" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR § 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.