Install Bear Proof Garbage Containers, Auburn State Recreation Area
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Install Bear Proof Garbage Containers, Auburn State Recreation Area
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Install 22 bear proof garbage containers at various locations throughout Auburn State Recreation Area. The purpose of this project is to replace existing garbage containers with bear proof containers that will protect wildlife and people. Locations where containers will installed include: Mineral Bar Campground, Yankee Jim's River Access, Ponderosa Bridge River Access, Grizzly Bear House Trailhead, Foresthill Loop Trailhead, Auburn Staging Area, Cool Staging Area and the Confluence recreation area. A 3' x 4' concrete pad will be constructed for each garbage container location. All selected locations are on previously disturbed ground.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 988-0205
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15311
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of the installation of accessory structures to existing facilities and is included as "construction or installation of additonal public use facilities" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR § 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.