Restroom Replacements at Hungry Valley SVRA
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Restroom Replacements at Hungry Valley SVRA
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of this project is to replace 7 existing pit toilets at Hungry Valley SVRA. The restrooms are located in the following campgrounds: Aliklik, Lower Scrub Oak, Upper Scrub Oak, Cottonwood, Sterling, and Smith Forks. The pit toilets will be replaced with new pre-cast "CXT Tioga" vault restrooms, with the odor-free vent design. The existing pit toilets will be removed including the concrete vaults. The new CXT restrooms will be installed in the same locations as the existing pit toilets. The foot print dimensions of the new restrooms are 16'8" by 11'11" the height of the new restrooms is 9'7". The required excavation for the new ABS lined sealed vaults will be 14'4" x 11'11" x 4'4" deep. These vaults will only require a slightly larger excavation than the original vaults.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (661) 248-7007
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15303(e)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The new pre-cast concrete/steel reinforced double restroom structure meets all current earthquake, hurricane and ADA requirements. A 20' x 20' ADA parking pad will be installed adjacent to the new restrooms. These locations are remote, having no water or sewer service. Therefore the restrooms will be of a vault style, requiring a pumping service for evacuation. The vaults will be completely sealed from all concrete and soil interaction. The building will be approved State Park natural tone colors.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.