Larkin House Powder Room Rehabilitation
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Larkin House Powder Room Rehabilitation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Rehabilitate the powder room at the Larkin House in Monterey State Historic Park, restoring its appearance , but contemporary function. Replace cracked cast iron vent pipe (performing asbestos abatement) and paint new pipe to match the exterior as does the existing. Replace below-ground plumbing connection to the sewer. Clean extant "art" tile and vanity sink and rehabilitate faucets or replace them in kind with reproduction faucets. Salvage the linoleum floor tile if possible, or replace if necessary with reproduction linoleum. Wash, iron and re-hang the textiles and paint the walls in the powder room. The Larkin House is an individual national landmark and a contributor to the Monterey Old Town National Landmark District. A DPR-qualified archaeologist will monitor all subsurface work. In the unlikely event that archaeological resources are encountered, work will stop in that area until the archaeologist can evaluate the find and carry out appropriate treatment.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (831) 649-2980
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sections 15301, 15331
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project involves the repair, maintenance and minor alteration of historic resources. As the proposed activities will be undertaken on a building within a National Landmark District, all work shall be conducted in a manner consistent with Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring, and Reconstructing Historic Buildings and will result in overall improvement to the facility.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.