Frank Valley Accessibility Retrofit
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Frank Valley Accessibility Retrofit
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Perform improvements to meet ADA standards at Frank Valley Horse Camp (Redwood Creek Horse Camp) at Mount Tamalpais State Park. Work includes: - Remove existing pit toilet and leaking holding tank. Replace with a new prefabricated CTX vault toilet and holding tank. - Install accessible horse mounting platform near the corral area. - Construct new accessible fountain or hose bib with French drain. - Grade and compact area as needed for accessibility. - Modify existing campsites to improve accessibility. Replace non-ADA-compliant campsite furniture with accessible models. In the event that previously undocumented cultural resources are encountered during project construction (including, but not limited to, dark soil containing shellfish, bone, flaked stone, groundstone, or deposits of historic trash), work within the immediate vicinity of the find will be temporarily halted or diverted until a DPR-qualified cultural resource specialist has evaluated the find and implemented appropriate treatment and disposition of the artifact(s).
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 445-8827
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sections 15301, 15302
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of the minor alteration of existing structures and features involving negligible expansion beyond current use and is included as "modification of existing facilities for handicap access" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR § 15300.4; and project consists of replacement of existing structures where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.