Sewer System Improvements at Calaveras Big Trees State Park
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Sewer System Improvements at Calaveras Big Trees State Park
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Repair and improve wastewater system at Calaveras Big Trees State Park, retaining existing sewer infrastructure of main trunk-line, 10,000 gal. septic tank, lift/pump station, pumps, distribution boxes and spray fields. Install one additional wastewater holding/dosing tank and construct an additional 35,000 sf leach field with monitoring wells incorporated into leaching trenches, approx. 600' uphill, northwest of the existing leach field. Situate new holding/dosing tank and leach field approx. 75 feet east of the Park's fenced western boundary. Extend force main from lift/pump station, 500 feet northwest to the new holding/dosing tank, to gravity feed effluent to the new leach field and/or existing spray field. Lower the existing pump inlet 6" above the bottom of tank. Add high water alarm/telemetry to lift/pump station. Replace existing spray heads at the spray field as needed. Repair existing main trunk-line by slip-lining the existing 8" trunk-line between the manhole east of Highway 4 and the lift/pump station situated approx. 1000' to the west. Retain existing leach field for emergency use only. The purpose of this project is to expand and improve the existing deficient sewage treatment system, in order to avoid potential health and safety issues due to wastewater effluent seeping up through the ground surface. Required trenching will be approx. 2 feet in width by 2-3 feet in depth. All ground disturbance and trenching shall be backfilled and compacted to the original grade elevation upon installation of drainage rock, piping and geotextile fabric, etc. as required.
- Contact Information
Susan E. Wilcox
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 445-8933
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sections 15302, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of replacement and reconstruction of an existing public facility and minor alterations in the condition of land, water and vegetation which does not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees, consistent with Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR § 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.