Prairie City State Vehicular Recreation Area (SVRA) Hangtown Facility Expansion
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Prairie City State Vehicular Recreation Area (SVRA) Hangtown Facility Expansion
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project includes the expansion and improvement of the Hangtown motor cross staging area (Pit) and adjacent parking area to comply with the American Motorcycle Association requirement of 10 acres for motor cross event staging. All existing project elements will occur within the existing Hangtown track and parking facilities. The expansion will include the removal and replacement of fencing, excavation, and grading of existing staging and parking areas, installation of two 10' x 20' metal tunnels for pedestrian passage, realignment of underground utility lines, installation of a 6-8 stall restroom with leach field, planting of trees, and placement of approx. 200 cy of aggregate road base. The expansion will encompass approx. 3 acres of existing parking which will be regraded to allow for larger vehicle access. The new fence line will be installed around the expanded parking area and reconnected to the existing Pit fence. The existing Pit area will be graded and terraced using heavy equipment to lessen the slope grade for increased parking, improved pedestrian safety, and ADA compliance. The entrance and Pit roads will be redesigned to improve vehicle access and traffic. The existing underground utility lines will be rerouted or reinforced to ensure protection of existing utilities scoring tower and new restroom.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 985-8521
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sections 15301, 02, 03, 04, 11
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is located in a heavily used portion of the Park and existing facilities. Proposed project will not have a detrimental effect on the environment, archaeological site, or wildlife species.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.