Prairie City State Vehicular Recreation Area (SVRA) Soil/Subsurface Survey
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Prairie City State Vehicular Recreation Area (SVRA) Soil/Subsurface Survey
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project includes the installation of seven ground water monitor wells, collection of surface and subsurface boring hole soil samples and collection of subsurface vapors. All project components are required to provide updated data and to correct any previous survey errors. The seven monitor wells will be installed to the level of subsurface water suing a drilling rig and will take approx. one week. These wells will remain permanently for continued collection and sampling of ground water. Collection of shallow soil samples (23) will entail use of hand tools to excavate up to three feet of soil in small dig sites. The excavation areas will be backfilled and no permanent installation will remain. Collection of soil and aggregate samples from approx. 20 boring holes will entail use of a truck mounted boring drill (12" and 36" diameter) and will take approx. two days to complete each hole. The boring holes will be backfilled and no permanent installation will remain. Sampling of subsurface vapor will entail use of a narro ground sampling rod to be inserted at 20 locations. No permanent installation will remain.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 985-8521
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sections 15304, 15306
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project site is not located near a sensitive resource receptor. The project will entail short-term minimal ground disturbance. Proposed project will not have a deterimental effect on the environment, archaeological site, or wildlife species.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.