Bodie Building Stabilization Phase Four
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Bodie Building Stabilization Phase Four
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Stabilize the following historic buildings at Bodie State Historic Park to protect the buildings from further deterioration: - Bell Assay Office - PT perimeter foundation, re-roof, repair or replace exterior siding and roof sheathing as needed, repair or replace rotted and broken rafters, repair interior walls, re-glaze and secure windows. - Reddy Residence, Storage - PT perimeter foundation repair or replace rotted and broken rafters, repair roof, repair or replace siding, secure windows. All salvageable fabric will be retained. Scarf joints and stitch plates will be used if necessary to retain those portions of rafters and joists that are not rotten. All new wood will be marked in a way that is absolutely permanent. All work will be photodocumented and organized in unit history files. Archaeological monitoring and sample screening of spoils will be done during project implementation. Ground disturbing work will be suspended if potentially significant archaeological resources are exposed and/or adversely affected by the proposed action. Proposed project work will resume after a proper archaeological data program has been designed and implemented. Cultural Resource Management activities will be conducted by or under the supervision of a California Department of Parks and Recreation qualified archaeologist.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (530) 525-3342
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15331
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of the reconstruction and preservation of historical resources, in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the treatment of Historic Properties Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring, and Reconstructing Historic Buildings (1995), Weeks and Grimmer.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.