William Randolph Hearst Memorial State Beach Bluff Fence Re-alignment
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- William Randolph Hearst Memorial State Beach Bluff Fence Re-alignment
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Re-align approximately 480' of the bluff boundary fence adjacent to the William Randolph Hearst Memorial State Beach day use area to compensate for bluff retreat. The galvanized chain-linked fence will be moved inland from five to 15 feet and will be replaced in-kind. In general, existing fence posts will be pulled up along the concrete in which they are set, using a backhoe. In areas defined by a DPR-qualified archaeologist in consultation with the project manager, the following techniques will be used. To minimize site disturbance, existing fence posts will be cut off at surface level, concrete in which they are set will be left in place, and replacement posts will be pounded or drilled into the ground. Project will improve public safety and reduce pedestrian damage to bluff edges.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (805) 927-2185
- San Luis Obispo
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of the repair and maintenance of an existing facility involving no change in capacity or use beyond current levels and is included in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR § 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.