Stabilize and Repave Hearst Castle Administration Road
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Stabilize and Repave Hearst Castle Administration Road
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Remove and repave approximately 8,000 sf of asphalt on the Hearst Castle Administration Road including approximately 500 feet of asphalt curbing. Construct a 100 by 16 feet to bedrock concrete retaining wall at the base of existing pilings located below the Grand Terrace to stabilize localized soil slumping along the road. Asphalt removal immediately adjacent the Grand Staircase will be monitored by a DPR-qualified archaeologist and/or restoration specialist and will be done in such a manner as to avoid damaging the bottom step and marble facing on the riser. Any marble that sustains damage or has been damaged by previous road work will be replaced in kind. A potentially historic stone feature adjacent the western edge of the project area, and a reasonable margin around it, will be fenced with orange "sensitive area" fencing for the duration of the project. No construction equipment will be permitted in the delimited area. A DPR-qualified archaeologist will monitor excavation for pilings and wall footings. Should any underground features be encountered, they will be avoided if possible and thoroughly documented.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (805) 927-2185
- San Luis Obispo
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of minor alteration of existing facilities, involving negligible expansion of use and is included as "utility repairs or minor upgrades" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR § 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.