Safety Project, Various D-3 Counties, Install Thrie Beam Median Barrier
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Caltrans 3 (Marysville) (California Department of Transportation, District 3)
- Document Title
- Safety Project, Various D-3 Counties, Install Thrie Beam Median Barrier
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CT proposes to install thrie beam median barrier at 6 different locations in District 3, to close gaps and reduce cross-median collisions. The 6 sites are in El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, and Yolo Counties. "Thrie Beam" is a type of heavy-duty guardrail used when median is at least 70 ft. wide. No new r/w is proposed. Note: We're adding 1 extra mile TBMB for added safety at Yolo 5 from 5.5 to 6.5 due to heavy traffic.
- Contact Information
Department of Transportation, District 3
2389 Gateway Oaks Drive, Rm. 100
Sacramento, CA 95833
Phone : (916) 274-0568
- El Dorado Placer Sacramento Yolo
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section: 15301(d)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project and its additional 1 mile of thrie beam is categorically exempt as defined by Section 15301(d) of CEQA. The proposed safety project will install median barriers to close gaps and reduce cross median accidents.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.