Housing Element Update

2 Documents in Project

Summary

SCH Number
2005032014
Lead Agency
Belvedere, City of (City of Belvedere)
Document Title
Housing Element Update
Document Type
NEG - Negative Declaration
Received
Present Land Use
Various

Document Description
The project consists of an update of the City of Belvedere's Housing Element, which has been reviewed and approved by the State of California's Department of Housing and Community Development. The Housing Element Update includes provisions for providing the City of Belvedere's fair share of the regional housing need, which is a total of 10 units between January, 1999 and June, 2006, with the following income breakdown: 1 unit affordable to a very low income household (10 percent of the total); 1 unit affordable to a low income household (10 percent of the total); 2 units affordable to moderate income households (20 percent of the total); and 6 units affordable to above moderate income households (60 percent of the total). Belvedere is unique insofar as it is severely limited in developable land; it is essentially built out. Therefore, redevelopment is the most likely method of meeting the legal obligation to provide 10 units of afforadable housing. In reviewing potential options, it appears that second units may provide the most likely way to meet the housing need, which is the plan that has been described, and is currently being implemented, in the Draft Housing Element, and is the plan that has been approved by the Department of Housing and Community Development.

Contact Information
Jessica Jones
City of Belvedere
450 San Rafael Avenue
Belvedere, CA 94920

Phone : (415) 435-3838

Location

Cities
Belvedere
Counties
Marin
Cross Streets
Tiburon Boulevard (Highway 131)
Zip
94920
Total Acres
<1sq.mile
State Highways
131
Schools
Reed, Bel Aire
Waterways
Richardson Bay, Belvedere Lagoon, Belvedere Cove

Notice of Completion

Review Period Start
Review Period End
Local Action
General Plan Element
Project Issues
Aesthetic/Visual Agricultural Land Air Quality Archaeologic-Historic Drainage/Absorption Flood Plain/Flooding Forest Land/Fire Hazard Geologic/Seismic Minerals Noise Population/Housing Balance Public Services Recreation/Parks Schools/Universities Sewer Capacity Soil Erosion/Compaction/Grading Toxic/Hazardous Traffic/Circulation Vegetation Water Quality Water Supply Wetland/Riparian Wildlife Growth Inducing Land Use Cumulative Effects
Reviewing Agencies
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3 California Department of Parks and Recreation California Department of Transportation, District 4 California Highway Patrol California Native American Heritage Commission California Regional Water Quality Control Board, San Francisco Bay Region 2 Department of Housing and Community Development Department of Water Resources Office of Historic Preservation Resources Agency

Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at state.clearinghouse@opr.ca.gov or via phone at (916) 445-0613.

Download CSV New Search Print