Construct Portuguese Beach Trail
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Construct Portuguese Beach Trail
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Construct an access trail to Portuguese Beach, Mendocino Headlands State Park. The former access trail included a staircase and handrail structure built on an active slide/seep area. The structure failed during storm events. The newly proposed access route is on the western end of the beach, traverses a relatively stable bluff face, and follows the alignment of an existing volunteer trail. The new trail will be approximately 200 feet in length, 36 inches in width, and surfaced with ¾ inch compacted base rock. Ten steps will be constructed within the trail surface where needed. Cable steps will be sued at the base of the slope. Review by state cultural specialists has determined that the project will not impact archaeological or historical resources. Any sensitive plant or animal species will be avoided during construction. Native plants will be salvaged from the construction are and replanted appropriately at the site, and invasive exotic weeds will be removed under the direction of the State Park ecologists.
- Contact Information
Department of Parks and Recreation
Mendocino District P.O. Box 440
Mendocino, CA 95460
Phone : (707) 937-5721
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- class 4, section 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project consists of minor alterations in the condition of land and vegetation and does not include the removal of healthy, mature or scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.