Conservation of Historic Grave Markers and Cemetery
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Conservation of Historic Grave Markers and Cemetery
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The historic grave markers at Bothe-Napa State Park have deteriorated over the years, and experienced vandalism. Approximately 20 of these stone and marble markers will be conserved and pieced together offsite and reset into existing grave marker bases in the cemetery, or a new base will be placed offsite. A minor amount of leveling will be required around the base of the markers. Temporary interpretive signs will be installed in the cemetery area. This project protects a cultural resource while enhancing interpretive opportunities.
- Contact Information
Marla S. Hastings
Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (707) 938-3548
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- class 1, 31, sec 15301, 15331
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consist of a minor alteration of an existing public structure involving no expansion of use beyond current levels and the maintenance of a historical structure in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring, and Reconstructing Historic Buildings (1995), Weeks and Grimmer, (included as 'activities affecting historic resources, consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR 15300.4).
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.