Interim Measures #3 Emergency Groundwater Extraction and Management at Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Topock Compressor Station
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- Interim Measures #3 Emergency Groundwater Extraction and Management at Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Topock Compressor Station
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Based on groundwater modeling projections by PG&E, extraction at approximately 130 gallons per minute (gpm) from the TW-2 extraction well will be required to provide an inward gradient during month of highest groundwater discharge rates (October 2004). The critical elements for this proposed project are the piping, conveyance of groundwater, construction of temporary treatment facilities, and development of a disposal method for treated water.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
400 P Street, 4th Floor P.O. Box 806
Sacramento, CA 95812-0806
Phone : (510) 540-3943
- San Bernardino
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- sec 21080 b, 3, sec 15269 b, c
- Reasons for Exemption
- These project activities are necessary to prevent or mitigate an emergency situation wherein the waters of the Colorado River may be impacted with a hazardous constituent, chromium, which is in contaminated groundwater in close proximity to the river. Immediate action is necessary to contain and reverse the flow of groundwater away from the Colorado River. Commencement of the development of additional extraction, treatment, and treated water disposal capacity is urgent to assure that increased pluming rates will be available to respond to impending fluctuations of the Colorado River level.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.