Zoned: Planned Agricultural District (San Mateo County) / Designation, San Mateo County General Plan, 1986: Public Recreation.
The Department of Parks and Recreation (California State Parks) proposes to make improvements to Año Nuevo State Reserve. The project consists of rehabilitation of three historic buildings, their adaptive reuse as a Marine Education Center, and related utility and site improvements. The following is a summary of the proposed work:
1. Removal of existing nonhistoric building elements, repair or replacement of missing historic fabric and construction of new elements for the proposed new use.
2. Refurbishing of historic building fabric and finishes, upgrading the existing structural system for vertical and lateral loads, and upgrading building mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems to meet proposed uses.
3. Rehabilitation of building exterior and construction of new stairs and other exit ways to comply with health & safety codes.
4. Removal of existing modular trailer office.
5. Museum collection purchasing, cataloging, packing, moving, and storage or exhibits and objects located in various buildings throughout the park in order to protect them from construction activities and prepare them for use in interpretive exhibits.
6. New enhanced interpretive exhibits including communication, electrical, and audiovisual equipment.
7. Improvements to the site including path of travel, utility distribution systems, and fencing.
Ano Nuevo Creek, Green Oaks Creek, Cascade Creek, Pacific Ocean
Other Location Info
Nearest City: Ano Nuevo State Reserve
City/Nearest Community: Pescadero
Notice of Completion
Review Period Start
Review Period End
Other (Day Use Area, Historical Structure, Utilities/Infrastructure, Ad)
Air QualityCoastal ZoneCultural ResourcesGeology/SoilsNoiseWildlife
California Coastal Commission (CCC)California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3 (CDFW)California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS)California Department of Transportation, District 4 (DOT)California Highway PatrolCalifornia Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC)California Regional Water Quality Control Board, San Francisco Bay Region 2 (RWQCB)Department of Water ResourcesOffice of Historic PreservationResources Agency
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.