Variance to Riverside County to Operate Three-Day HHW Collection Events--HHWVAR030804
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Variance to Riverside County to Operate Three-Day HHW Collection Events--HHWVAR030804
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Variance to Riverside County from hazardous waste facility permit requirements. The variance is limited to three-day household hazardous waste collection events. The collections provide appropriate means of disposing of hazardous waste. The variance is based on the evidence that: 1) The three-day collections will be regulated similar to permit-by-rule "temporary household hazardous waste collection facilities." 2) Only personnel trained in hazardous waste management shall handle or package hazardous waste. 3) All collected wastes will be manifested and transported by registered transporter to permitted hazardous waste recycling, treatment, storage or disposal facilities within 144 hours after each waste collection event has ended.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Hazardous Waste Management Program 1001 "I" Street, 11th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95812
Phone : (916) 445-2625
- Corona Hemet Moreno Valley Murrieta Riverside
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- CCR Title 14, Section 15061(b)(3
- Reasons for Exemption
- 1) The collection will be conducted by qualified personnel, trained in hazardous waste management and all activities will be carefully regulated by variance conditions to assure against any environmental concerns; 2) The limited term of operation and rapid shipment of wastes offsite limit the potential for any risk of upset or accident; 3) All of the sites identified have been utilized in past years under variance to collect hazardous waste without any adverse or residual environmental effects; 4) Experienced contractor management will be present to respond to any unforseeable upset or waste management incident.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.