Removal Action Workplan for the Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) Marysville Manufactured Gas Plant
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Removal Action Workplan for the Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) Marysville Manufactured Gas Plant
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The PG&E Marysville Manufactured Gas Plant (MGP) operated from 1898 to 1938. The plant was put on standby in 1938 and was dismantled between 1956 and 1957. PG&E have used the site as a service center since 1953. The former MGP is located in a light industrial area. The former MGP consists of 2.2 acres of PG&E's existing 6-acre Marysville Service Cener. The site is completely fenced and paved except for a small landscaped area outside of the main office on Fourth Street. The site is on the Hazardous Waste and Substances Sites (Cortese) List based on the Sacramento Regional Water Quality Control Board listing of the underground tank that was the source of some of the subject PAH's.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
8800 Cal Center Drive
Sacramento, CA 95826
Phone : (916) 255-3585
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will not cause any significant effect to the enviornment. The groundwater plume has existed beneath the site for at least 50 to 75 years and has not migrated off site.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.