Installation of Electrical Power, Lighting, Gates and Fencing at Metropolitan's Cabazon Cottage
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- Document Title
- Installation of Electrical Power, Lighting, Gates and Fencing at Metropolitan's Cabazon Cottage
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (Metropolitan) proposes to excavate trenches and install electrical conduit and power lines in order to provide electrical power to its Cabazon Cottage facility. Metropolitan also proposes to install gateposts and gates, chain-link fencing, and lighting standards for increase security at this remote facility. In some areas, the old fencing will be removed and replaced with new chain-link fencing.
- Contact Information
Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
P.O. Box 54153
Los Angeles, CA 90054-0153
Phone : (213) 217-6709
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec 15301, 15302, 15303, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project consists of the operation or minor alteration of existing public structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographical features, involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing. The proposed project also consists of replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced. The proposed project also consists of construction and location of limited numbers of new, small facilities or structures; installation of small new equipment and facilities in small structures; and the conversion of existing small structures from one use to another where only minor modifications are made in the exterior of the structure. The proposed project also consists of minor alterations in the condition of land, water, and/or vegetation, which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.