Class 1* Permit Modification Request for the Former U.S. Navy Mare Island Naval Shipyard
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Class 1* Permit Modification Request for the Former U.S. Navy Mare Island Naval Shipyard
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The U.S. Department of Navy has applied to the Department of Toxic Substance Control (DTSC) for a Class 1* Permit Modification to their Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) facility permit that was issued in 1995. In its request, the U.S. Navy is seeking to change the boundary of the permitted facility by removing the Western Early Transfer Parcel (WETP) and the Eastern Early Transfer Parcel (EETP) from the areas to be covered by the permit by approximately 3400 acres.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
400 P Street, 4th Floor P.O. Box 806
Sacramento, CA 95812-0806
Phone : (510) 540-3975
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 1506 (b) (3)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The regulatory scheme for the WETP consists of an approved Remedial Action Plan (RAP) for areas where dredge spoils were historically deposited, and for an outfall area from a discharge pipe associated with a historical waste treatment plant. Both of these areas are hazardous substance release sites, and could be consistent with designation as SWMUS. The RAP specifies cleanup of the outfall area, and cover and institutional controls for the dredge disposal areas.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.