North Salmon Creek Dunes Western Snowy Plover Recovery Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- North Salmon Creek Dunes Western Snowy Plover Recovery Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Control exotic plant species including, but not limited to, European beachgrass and iceplant. Manual removal and possible chemical control are planned in the one-acre project area, covering approximately one quarter-acre per year. Project is designed to enhance coastal dune habitat in an effort to support recovery efforts for the coastal population of the federally listed (threatened) western snowy plover (WSP). Salmon Creek Beach is identified as critical habitat for the WSP.
- Contact Information
Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 445-8933
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4; Sec 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of minor public alterations in the condition of land and vegetation, which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees, resulting in improved habitat for wildlife resources.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.