Delineate Open and Trail Riding Only Areas
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Delineate Open and Trail Riding Only Areas
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project will involve installing approximately 150 signs, an estimated 10,000 linear feet of 4-foot high field fencing involving peeler core posts every 100 feet, T-posts every 10 feet, 20 inch walk-throughs every 1000 feet and gates at access points to identify the delineation between open riding and trail riding only area. The bottom of the fence line will be placed approximately 12" above the ground, leaving an unfenced area for wildlife passage. The fencing will follow the line identified in the General Plan. During construction, GPS coordinates will be taken and transferred to a map for future reference. The existing area consists of steep inclines on the side slopes and ridge tops. On the open riding side of the delineation line the vegetation is mostly grass, on the trail riding only side, the vegetation is mostly shrubs. Although identified in the General Plan, the trail riding only area has never been delineated on the ground. Over 100,000 visitors use the park each year. Uncontrolled use of this area has resulted in resource damage, erosion, public safety issues, access problems and confusion for the visitors. Without the signed and fenced delineation, the creation of volunteer trails and unauthorized hill climbs will continue.
- Contact Information
Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (925) 474-0426
- San Joaquin
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- class 1; sec. 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- Proposed project will not have a detrimental effect on the environment, archaological site, or wildlife species.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.