Donation of "Old House"


SCH Number
Public Agency
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Document Title
Donation of "Old House"
Document Type
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Document Description
This project is to donate an "old house" to the San Benito County Historical Society. DPR archeologists first recorded the house in 1982. It is estimated to have originally been built between 1890 and 1910. At that time, the house had an indoor bathroom and kitchen (estimated to have been added on in the 1940's). The kitchen and bathroom have been removed. The house was re-recorded 2/4/03 with an emphasis on evaluating it in terms of potential eligibility to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) and the California Register of Historic Places (CRHP). The house was determined to not be potentially eligible for either register. This house is in very poor shape. Framing, siding and roofing are in a state of decay. Hollister Hills SVRA staff has neither the staff nor funding to stabilize or restore the house. The house has been vandalized extensively. The house has no integrity in terms of historic criteria. The San Benito County Historical Society plans to move the house to the county fairgrounds and restore it. It will be placed with several other older structures the historical society acquired and used for interpretive purposes.

Contact Information

Dan Dungy
Agency Name
Department of Parks and Recreation
Contact Types
Lead/Public Agency


San Benito

Notice of Exemption

Exempt Status
Categorical Exemption
Type, Section or Code
Class 31, Sec. 15331
Reasons for Exemption
Proposed project will not have a detrimental effect on the environment, archaeological site, or wildlife spp. The house has no integrity terms of historic criteria.

Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at or via phone at (916) 445-0613.

Download CSV New Search Print