Rehabilitation of Lost Creek, Manzanita Creek, East Hat Creek and Forest Creek Water Intake Structures in Lassen Volcanic National Park
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley), Redding
- Document Title
- Rehabilitation of Lost Creek, Manzanita Creek, East Hat Creek and Forest Creek Water Intake Structures in Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- All four drinking water intakes that are being rehabilitated were built in the 1960's. Each site has a bed of leach rock approximately 15' x 30' x 4' with a concrete filter bed wall designed to slow the water flow over the bed to create a roughing filter effect. These filter beds have a series of under-drains (perforated pipe) under the bed that directs the water to a settling basin and on to the filtration plant. The leach rock was replaced at each site approximately 14 years ago but weekly hand digging of the rock is necessary to release silt build-up before it becomes imbedded in the deeper layers of rock. The infiltration pipes are becoming clogged with silt resulting in lower flow rates to the drinking water filtration plants.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley),
415 Knollcrest Drive, Suite 100
Redding, CA 96002
Phone : (530) 224-4783
- Shasta Tehama
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 2; Sec 15302
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project entails the rehabilitation of four existing drinking water intake structures.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.