Carlsbad Communication Center Renovations (02/03-SD-36)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Carlsbad Communication Center Renovations (02/03-SD-36)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project is an amendment to PEF (00/01-SD-26) and NOE (SCH# 2002058615), the project scope of which has been reduced and modified, and overall remains consistent with the original PEF with the folowing exceptions: 1) a new wood shingle roof with associated flashing and vents will be installed to match the existing roof, 2) the building's exterior will be painted using a color scheme similar to the original color scheme agreed upon after a consultation with a State Park historian, 3) only two new exterior doors will be added instead of three , 4) a proposed rear deck and concrete ramp wil not be installed, instead, steps will be installed leading up to the two replacement doors, 5) new ADA compliant handrails will be provided at these entries, 6) existing ADA parking space will be re-striped, 7) showers in the conference room have been reconfigured so as not to block the original windows, and 8) minor reconfigurations of the new interior walls will be facilitated. The overall benefits of the modified project will fulfill ADA requirements and revitalized a worn and underutilized State Park facility. At the same time, the project will provide much needed office space and storage space for the lifeguards and junior lifeguard program.
- Contact Information
Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (619) 278-3678
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1(a), 31/Sec. 15301, 15331
- Reasons for Exemption
- No potential for significant impacts to the environment is anticipated. There will be negligible or no expansion existing use. Project is limited to maintenance, repair, stabilization, rehabilitation, restoration, preservation, conservation or reconstruction of historical resources in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic properties.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.