Lease for the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) Hazardous Materials Laboratory
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Lease for the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) Hazardous Materials Laboratory
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) Hazardous Materials Laboratory (HML) will lease approximately 11,000 square feet on the fist floor of an existing, State-occupied office building in Berkeley. Approximately 20 HML staff will move to 700 Heinz Avenue to join HML staff who already occupy the remainder of the first floor at 700 Heinz Avenue. HML utilizes several specialty gases, and chemicals that are stored on-site. HML will install additional fume hoods to accommodate existing staff. DTSC, the Lead Agency, shall ensure that the project complies with any applicable regional and local air quality district rules and regulations. HML serves less than 20 customers per week, and would utilize 6 additional parking spaces on-site. There is local public transit available within one-quarter mile of the building to be leased.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
400 P Street, 4th Floor P.O. Box 806
Sacramento, CA 95812-0806
Phone : (916) 376-1607
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 1, 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of leasing an existing structure and involves no expansion beyond the current use of the site.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.