Scripps Institure of Oceanography/ Nearshore Canyon Experiment (02/03-SD-33)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Scripps Institure of Oceanography/ Nearshore Canyon Experiment (02/03-SD-33)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project consists of an experiment conducted between September 15th through December 15, 2003 by the Scripps Institute of Oceanography of the near-shore canyon area off Torrey Pines state Beach, in conjunction to experiments being conducted at adjacent non-state owned beaches, to obtain field observations to test models of how the steep, underwater canyon topography affects wave, current and sediment movement. To effective conduct, the experiment three 8" x 10' trailers, a chemical toilet and a fenced equipment area will be located at the base of the bluffs, near the northern end of the experiment boundary. A video camera will be placed on the cliffs above the beach.
- Contact Information
Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (619) 278-3768
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 6; Sec 15306
- Reasons for Exemption
- No potential for significant impacts to the environment is anticipated. Project will not result in a serious or major disturbance to an environmental resource.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.