Three-year Variance Renewal to the City of Norwalk to Conduct Residential Household Hazardous Waste Collections
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- Three-year Variance Renewal to the City of Norwalk to Conduct Residential Household Hazardous Waste Collections
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Variance renewal to the City of Norwalk from hazardous waste facility permit requirements. The three-year variance authorizes Norwalk to conduct door-to-door (residential) collections of HHW. The collections provide appropriate means for the elderly and handicapped, and others unable to participate in the regular HHW collection program of disposing of hazardous waste. The variance is based on the evidence that: 1. The residential collections will meet strict standards and wastes are delivered to an authorized facility; 2. Only personnel trained in hazardous waste management shall handle or package hazardous waste; and 3. All collected wastes will be transported by a registered hazardous waste hauler to a HHW collection facility for further management.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
8800 Cal Center Drive 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95826-3200
Phone : (916) 255-3642
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- sec. 15061
- Reasons for Exemption
- No possibility of significant effect on the enviornment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.