Three-year Varinace Renewal for Ventura County to Conduct a Mobile Recyclable Household Hazardous and Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- Three-year Varinace Renewal for Ventura County to Conduct a Mobile Recyclable Household Hazardous and Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Ventura County will collect specific household hazardous and CESQG recyclable waste streams in remote or otherwise under-served county areas. Those recyclable wastestreams include: used motor oil, oil filters, antifreeze, latex paint, lead-acid batteries, household type batteries, and fluorescent lamps. This variance to Ventura County is for the operation of a mobile recyclable household hazardous waste (HHW) and CESQG collection program and exempts the program from manifest and transporter registration requirements. No other household, business, or agricultural wastes will be accepted. No explosive, redioactive, infectious/medical, or compressed gas cylinders will be accepted. These collections provide appropriate means for disposal of these wastes. The variance is based on the evidence that: 1. Remote and underserved area households and CESQG will participate in this mobile collection program; 2. Ventura County or contractor staff will continuously man the collection operation during operting hours; 3. At the end of each day the collection trailer and contents and the oil tank will be transported to and stored at the county maintenance yard; 4. When full the used oil will be either transported to an appropriate disposal/recycling facilities or will have the contents removed and transported by a used oil collection transporter; 5. Other collected recyclable wastes will be transported under manifest to an authorized facility; and 6. All federal Department of Transportation, California Vehicle Code and California Highway Patrol regulations will be met.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
8800 Cal Center Drive 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95826-3200
Phone : (916) 255-3642
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- sec. 15061
- Reasons for Exemption
- No possibility of a significant effect on the enviornment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.