Revitalization of the Urban Forest in Downtown Bakersfield, Proposition 12, the Watershed, Wildlife and Parks Improvement Bond Act of 2000, Urban Forest Grant
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)
- Document Title
- Revitalization of the Urban Forest in Downtown Bakersfield, Proposition 12, the Watershed, Wildlife and Parks Improvement Bond Act of 2000, Urban Forest Grant
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project, to be carried out by The Tree Foundation of Kern, involves the planting of 640 trees throughout various parks in the City of Bakersfield. It is anticipated that this project will commence in November of 2002 and be completed by March 2005, excepting maintenance. Trees will be native and non-native ornamentals that have been selected for their disease resistance, adaptation to the urban landscape, shade capacity, and minimal litter production. Trees will be 15 gallon in size, and all trees will be planted, staked and tied, watered and maintained in accordance with the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protections guidelines.
- Contact Information
Department of Forestry And Fire Protection
Fresno-Kings Unit 210 South Academy
Sanger, CA 93657
Phone : 559-485-7500 x 116
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4, Sec. 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- As lead agency under CEQA, the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection finds that this project is Categorically Exempt. This project involve minor alterations to land and vegetation inlcuding the planting of new landscaping trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.