Emergency Angel Island Raccon Control
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Emergency Angel Island Raccon Control
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Implement a raccoon control plan in accordance with the Angel Island Resource Management Plan to eliminate 60 raccoons that have become habituated to human food and will not forage for natural food at Angel Island State Park. After consultation, no permit is required from California Department of Fish and Game and no poisons will be used.
- Contact Information
Patti Du Mont
Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 445-9081
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Secion 15269 (c)
- Reasons for Exemption
- Specific actions necessary to prevent or mitigate an emergency; in this instance, removal of raccoons that are causing a public safety hazard (biting park visitors).
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.