Three-year Variance Renewal to the City of San Rafael to Conduct Door-to-Door Household Hazardous Waste
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- Three-year Variance Renewal to the City of San Rafael to Conduct Door-to-Door Household Hazardous Waste
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Variance to the City of San Rafael from hazardous waste facility requirements. The three-year variance authorizes the City of San Rafael to conduct door-to-door (residential) collections of HHW in Marin County. The collections provide appropriate means for the elderly and handicapped of disposing of hazardous waste. The variance is based on the evidence that : 1. The door-to-door collections will meet strict standards and are delivered to an authorized household hazardous waste collection facility. 2. Only personnel trained in hazardous waste management shall handle or package hazardous waste. 3. A registered hazardous waste hauler will transport all collected wastes to the HHW collection facility for further management.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
8800 Cal Center Drive 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95826
Phone : (916) 255-3642
- San Rafael
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- sec. 15061
- Reasons for Exemption
- Qualified personnel, trained in hazardous waste management, will conduct the collection and all activities will be carefully regulated by variance conditions to assure against any environmental impacts.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.