Hazardous Tree Trimming and Removal
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Hazardous Tree Trimming and Removal
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Stoneham property, bordering Carnegie SVRA on the west side, was purchased by the State last year as part of an expansion plan for the park. The house and outbuilding are slated for demolition in the future, after completion of a hisorical preperty inventory. On the east side of the abandoned house are several overgrown and poorly trimmed eucalyptus trees. The trees are growing in and under the PG&E high voltage utility line. The trees range in height from 32 to 45-ft. According to PG&E, the trees have been directionally pruned in the past, but have not responded to corrective pruning. They are growing above the power lines and wind sway and limb drop threatens the power lines. The trees represent an on-going risk to public safety and outages. PG&E has requested permission to remove the trees and will take care to remove all slash and brush.
- Contact Information
Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : 916-985-8521 x 15304
- San Joaquin
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4, Sec. 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Proposed project will be a minor alteration in the condition of th eland that does not affect sensitive resources and will nto have a detrimental effect on the environment, archaeological site, or wildlife species.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.