HHWVAR020501-Variance to the City of Los Angeles to Operate Four-Days Household Hazardous Waste Collections Event
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- HHWVAR020501-Variance to the City of Los Angeles to Operate Four-Days Household Hazardous Waste Collections Event
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Variance to the City of Los Angeles from hazardous waste facility permit requirements. The variance is limited to the four days household hazardous waste (HHW) collections event listed above. The collections provide appropriate means of disposing of household and conditionally exempt small quantity generator (CESQG) hazardous waste. The variance is based on the evidence that: 1) The four days collections are to be operated similar to permit-by-rule temporary HHW collection facilities; 2) Only personnel trained in hazardous waste management shall handle or package hazardous waste; and 3) All collected wastes will be manifested and transported by registered transporter to permitted hazardous waste recycling, treatment, storage or disposal facilities within 144 hours after each waste collection event has ended.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
8800 Cal Center Drive 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95826-3200
Phone : (916) 255-3642
- Los Angeles Los Angeles, City of
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- sec. 15061
- Reasons for Exemption
- No possibility of a significant effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.