Roof Repair/Replacement & Seismic/ Structural Upgrades
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Roof Repair/Replacement & Seismic/ Structural Upgrades
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project consists of seismic upgrades throughout the monastery and infirmary buildings, including anchoring existing concrete bond beams to adobe walls, anchoring the roof framing to the existing bond beams, providing additional blocking and framing at roof, reinforcing roof framing beams and headers, repairing/replacing deteriorated outriggers piers and posts, providing shear walls at attics, providing cross bracing and anchors at corridors, and waterproof membranes, flashing, clay tiles and canning. Work will be monitored by an archaeologist and comply with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for historic structures.
- Contact Information
Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (619) 278-3768
- Santa Barbara
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- class 2,31; sec. 15302,15331
- Reasons for Exemption
- No potential for significant impacts to the environment is anticipated. A resource ecologist will ensure avoidance of significant impacts to natural resources. An archaeologist will ensure avoidance of significant impacts to cultural resources. New structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced (class 2). Project is limited to maintenance, repair, stabilization, rehabilitation, restoration, preservation, conservation or reconstruction of historical resources in a manner consistent with the Secretary of Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties (class 31).
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.