Artisan Distillation Unit Class II Permit Modification, Safety-Kleen Recycle Center, Reedley
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Artisan Distillation Unit Class II Permit Modification, Safety-Kleen Recycle Center, Reedley
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Safety-Kleen Systems, Incorporated, Reedley Recycle Center, Class II Permit Modification for the replacement and upgrading of the emission control equipment on the Artisan distillation unit. This Class II Permit Modification allows the facility to install the new equipment, which will improve the air quiality of the neighboring community. The Class II Permit Modification authorizes the facility to replace the steam injector with a vacuum pump and install two new chilled condensers followed by a carbon bed to control air emissions. The recovered chilled solvent flows to one of the used solvent tanks for reprocessing.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
8800 Cal Center Drive
Sacramento, CA 95826-3200
Phone : (916) 255-3612
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The installation of the new equipment will not increase the operating capacity beyond that stated in the Hazardous Waste Facility Permit of June 30, 1993. The new equipment is within the footprint of an existing structure and no new or revised land use permit is required. The recovered residues are recycled on-site, using the existing treatment units and they will not result in any new air discharges. The new equipment does not pose any new risks health hazard or upset risks.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.