Removal of Hazardous Diseased Trees
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Removal of Hazardous Diseased Trees
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Remove approximately 60-75 merchantable and about 35 non-merchantable bark beetle infested trees. These infested trees pose a threat to the forest health. The project calls for the removal of the trunk and burning all branch material. If the trunk is not removed, it should be cut into firewood size and covered with plastic for a year. Some of the trees will be sold to a logger. Rubber-tired heavy equipment may be operated off the fire roads to remove logs. Merchantable trees that cannot be yarded to a road will be burned or covered with plastic.
- Contact Information
Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 445-8789
- Grass Valley
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, Sec. 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is necessary for the maintenance of existing native growth.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.