Pepper Tree Transplant (01/02-SD 48)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Pepper Tree Transplant (01/02-SD 48)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project consists of transplanting 1920s pepper tree from boundary of historically significant park property to adjacent private lands. Tree's root system encroaches under private lands and would be removed by private business if not transplanted. Project will involve digging around root system with backhoe, constructing a 12 x 12 foot box to hold the tree, and moving the tree into adjacent private land to be transplanted. Archeologists will pre-test project site for cultural materials prior to start and will monitor throughout, and the disturbed ground will be backfilled with like materials and vegetation.
- Contact Information
Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (619) 278-3769
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4, Section 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- No potential for significant impacts to the environment is anticipated. An archeologist will ensure avoidance of significant impacts to cultural resources. Project does not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees. Surface will be restored.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.