Habitat Restoration - Rat Rock Cove
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Habitat Restoration - Rat Rock Cove
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Remove existing non-native plants and replant as necessary to restore 1880's Oak-Grassland habitat at Rat Rock Cove in China Camp State Park, using a combination of hand removal, herbicide application and prescribed burns. Place outdoor display cases within the area to interpret the project in progress; install permanent interpretive panels following completion of the project. Project will improve conditions for native plant species and foraging areas for native fauna.
- Contact Information
Shaelyn Raab Strattan
Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 445-8791
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of the maintenance of existing native growth and minor public alterations to the condition of vegetation that does not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.