Math Sciences Research Institute/Samuel Silver Space Sciences Laboratory Tree Screen Renovation Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- University of California, Berkeley
- Document Title
- Math Sciences Research Institute/Samuel Silver Space Sciences Laboratory Tree Screen Renovation Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- A vegetation management project for the purposes of: a) improving fire safety aroundthe Math Sciences Research Institute, b) restpring westerly views extant when MSRI was constructed; c) replacing non-native species with native oaks. The project will: a) open up views; b) improve fire protection; c) convert stand to more highly valued species; d) release suppressed oaks, bays and pines; e) screen Centennial Drive and portions of the Hill Terraces Parking Lot, and f) enhance slope erosion control.
- Contact Information
University of California, Berkeley
Planning, Design and Construction 300A & E Building, #1382
Berkeley, CA 94720
Phone : (510) 642-7720
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Article 19, Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor landscaping replacement and forestry (fire fuel reduction) project that will not affect healthy, mature, scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.