Variance Revision and Three-Year Renewal For Sacramento County's Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generators Program
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- Variance Revision and Three-Year Renewal For Sacramento County's Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generators Program
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Variance for the Sacramento County's participating CESQGs from hazardous waste manifesting and transportation requirements. The variance is limited to the acceptance of and transportation of up to 100 kg (220 lbs or 27 gallons) of hazardous wastes by participating CESQG businesses. The collections provide appropriate and safe means of hazardous waste disposal. The variance is based on the evidence that; 1. Only qualified CESQG business participating in the HHW collection program will use this variance; 2. The hazardous wastes are transported by the CESQG or by an employee in a vehicle operated by the CESQG to a permit-by-rule (PBR) facility; 3. The hazardous wastes are transported in non-leaking, intact, and properly packaged containers marked per Federal Department of Transportation regulations; and , 4. A copy of the variance will accompany all shipments.
- Contact Information
Charles A. Mclaughlin
Dept. of Toxic Substances Control Hazardous Waste Management
8800 Cal Center Drive, 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95826-3200
Phone : (916) 255-3642
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec. 15061
- Reasons for Exemption
- 1. This hazardous waste management activity has been determined to be insignificant or unimportant as a potential hazard to human health and safety and the environment; and 2. Packaging, labeling and placarding of the hazardous wastes for transportation on the highways are adequately regulated and enforced by the federal Department of Transportation, the California Highway Patrol, and the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.