HHWVAR990401R - Variance Renewal for the City of Thousand Oaks Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generatoprs (CESQG) Collection Program
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- HHWVAR990401R - Variance Renewal for the City of Thousand Oaks Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generatoprs (CESQG) Collection Program
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Variance for the City of Thousand Oaks's participating CESQGs from hazardous waste manifesting and transportation requirements. The variance is limited to the transportation of up to 100 kilograms (220 lbs or 27 gallons) of hazardous waste by participating CESQG businesses. The collections provide appropriate and safe means of hazardous waste disposal. The variance is based on the evidence that: 1.) Only qualified CESQG businesses participating in the City of Thosand Oaks's housaehold hazardous waste (HHW) collection program will use this variance; 2.) The hazardous wastes are transported by the CESQG or by an employee in a vehicle operated by the CESQG; 3.) The hazardous wastes are transported by the CESQGs in non-leaking, intact and properly packaged containers marked per Federal Department of Transportation regulations; and 4.) A copy of the variance will accompany all of the CESQG's waste shipments.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
State Regulatory Programs Division 8800 Cal Center Drive, 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95826-3200
Phone : (916) 255-3642
- Thousand Oaks
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Title 14, Section 15061
- Reasons for Exemption
- 1.) This hazardous waste management activity has been determined to be insignificant or unimportant as a potential hazard to human health and safety and the environment; and 2.) Packaging, labeling, and placarding of the hazardous wastes for transportation on the highways are adequately regulated and enforced by the Federal Department of Transportation, the California Highway patrol, and the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.